Sunday, November 17, 2013

Nativity Scene

Project:
Create two 4' by 4' nativity scenes, one for my mother in law, the other for my father in law's sister in law

Difficulty Level (Easy, Medium, Hard, Insane):
Easy

Process:
The process was actually quite easy: Get the wood, trace the template on a piece of plywood (my mother in law actually did that part), cut out the wood then sand the edges (Mel did this part). The only thing was that there was a LOT of cutting out and all the lines were curvy and squiggly. Nothing was straight and therefore the whole thing took pretty much the whole day to do but I do have to say, although I'm not much of a crafty-stuff-liking-guy it turned out quite nice.


Pictures:
This was the second time around. The first one was traced with a template (shown on last picture)
Cutting out the rough shape
Using the jig saw to fine-cut the pattern
Put together minus the two sheep
The finished nativity scene
Another angle
The original pattern
A picture of the final painted version aunt Ida sent me
Another view
Tools:
Pencil
Saw horses
Band saw
Jig saw
Sanding block

Materials:
2 sheets of 1/2 G1S plywood
Template
Tracing paper

Cost:
$85.00

Time:
8 hrs

Savings:
No idea what they would cost to buy

Conclusion:
It looked quite nice but probably one of my less favorite projects

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers