Tuesday, February 21, 2017

How To Fix A Cracked Home Aluminum Foundry

Difficulty Level (Easy, Medium, Hard, Insane):
Easy

Process:
Within the first month of making my Home Foundry, the drying out of the fire clay left some cracks which have virtually remained at the same state for the last 5 years. I decided to give it a bit of a face lift with some fire mortar.

The process was very easy, I just mixed up the bucket of fire mortar, applied it with a spatula, let it dry for a couple of days and then fired it with the Propane Burner I made especially for the foundry furnace.

Videos:



 
Pictures:
The fire mortar I used to line the furnace

More info

Instructions


Tools:
Spatula

Materials:
Bromix fire mastic

Cost:
$25.00

Time:
20 minutes

Savings:
N/A

Conclusion:
It looks and works great

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers